Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Now Showing: Blow


Blow

Slang for Cocaine.

Stars: Johnny Depp + Penelope Cruz+Franka Potente
Director: Ted Demme

The movie is a true story. Stars Depp in the lead, who plays the character of a boy who wanted to be rich, fall in love with a girl, and not wind-up like his parents. All of those things happen. But you can't escape your fate. And that includes his crumbling marriage. Life gives you choices, and it's what you do with it, that makes all the difference.

Blow is an interesting story of a boy who learns the cocaine trade in California, and becomes a master at it. Finds himself a stewardess, who's into cocaine and that's how the story begins. It's interesting portrayal of the cocaine mafia in mexico, loves, and money, boxes and boxes of premium dollars. I really liked the story line, but it didn't impress me mind-bogglingly. I was blown by Catch me if you can from the word "Go". But Blow, I needed to feel, somewhere something was missing. But it sure was bloody brilliant. Penelope was mesmerising. But Depp. Well he sure does take the cake. He took everything in his stride. Played it cool. Was excellent at his job as that of the middleman. And wound up as a loser in jail, time and again. But the way he played his life, once he was out of it. Is something.

Everyone recommends Blow. But it sure is a watch. I would definitely recommend it. Because in the end it ends catastropically, sadly. As all the others do. SERPICO, when it ends, it makes you feel. It crushes you.

But when you see Blow. It melts your heart. It is real, you know. The father -son relationship. All that love, the feelings.You do feel sad. And then you feel so gullible.

Johnny Depp, you're one hell of an actor.

Quotes:

George: Danbury wasn't a prison, it was a crime school. I went in with a Bachelor of marijuana, came out with a Doctorate of cocaine.

Fred Jung: Money isn't real, George. It doesn't matter. It only seems like it does.
Young George: Are you gonna tell Mom that?
Fred Jung: Yeah, that's gonna be a tricky one.

Diego Delgado: I need a favor from you.
George: [voice over] The favor was to pick up fifty kilos of cocaine. Fifty. That's a hundred and ten pounds. Not exactly a small favor. Not like bumming a cigarette, for example. But what the hell. I didn't have anything better to do that day. It's not like I was on parole or anything.

3 comments:

Straight Bend said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog. But I dont wanna take the credit. That poem is not written by me. The Poet is someone else!

RC

gypsy said...

:) i hve seen it... Depp done some amazin acting...

Unknown said...

@RC

Thats sweet... So honest of you!

@d gypsy!

That was my B'day Day...